>> << Carousel Posts
The bathroom is the second most important room in a home after the kitchen. In fact, it is the most frequently visited room in the house, which means appliances (including the floor and walls) are susceptible to faster wear and tear, or aging. This is the reason most homeowners take on bathroom reconstruction and remodeling at least once every few years. Best bathroom remodeling helps reduce dullness in the toilet and helps make it more practical and calming as well.
A few considerations and proper planning are however needed for any bathroom-remodeling project to be successful. This is the reason you need good planning (and budget), work plan, and the help of an experienced remodeler to make it a success. Outlined are five of the considerations you need to make before taking on a bathroom remodeling project.
1. Functionality: One of the main reasons for remodeling a bathroom is to make it practical and improve its functionality. This is especially important for old bathrooms (5 years or older), as most of the appliances and faucets could be broken. Several factors will, however, need to be considered to make the bathroom more practical and up to date. You need to choose between a shower, bathtub, or go for both – some bathroom spaces can accommodate both. If there are young children involved, you may then have to consider them when deciding on the best appliance to install.
2. Longevity: A remodeling exercise can be demanding especially if you need everything replaced. The best way to ensure the effort isn’t in vain is to invest in high-quality faucets, use a universal yet trendy design, as well as consider neutral colors. The color you choose for the bathroom walls will determine whether a makeover will be needed after a few months or not. Professionals, however, recommend going for oil based and neutral paints as they last much longer. In addition to this, you may need to install tubs with grab handles to reduce accidents in the bathroom.
3. The way of life (Lifestyle): Bathroom design and appliances have evolved/changed significantly over the past decade. If your primary aim is to give the bathroom a more modern facelift, you may then have to consider investing in a full bath. This means tearing everything down and reconstructing it afresh. Newer bathrooms are reasonably bigger, more practical and come with other forms of entertainment such as a TV. You will also need to install new cabinets and other faucets required in the bathroom. Seeking an expert’s advice on what to do should make this a possibility.
4. Flooring: The bathroom floor should be handled professionally to avoid mishaps in the long run. You may need to invest in high-quality porcelain or glazed tiles for the floor. Porcelain tiles hold up well as they are tough, and have grip. You need a floor where your feet can find the grip to avoid slip and fall accidents in the same. You should also avoid investing in tiles that demand frequent maintenance as this could be costly at the end.
5. Lighting and other additional features: Installing a new bathtub, hot shower, and a beautiful floor isn’t enough for a bathroom. Factors such as proper lighting, ventilation, and other bathroom fixtures need to be considered very carefully. You need to invest in bulbs that can provide enough light especially when using the bathroom at night, as well as towel clips and cabinets.
If you have already set a budget for the remodeling project but are unsure of what to do, you can always talk to an experienced expert in the same. Finding such experts shouldn’t be hard as you can ask your friends for referrals or just search online for the same. Hiring a remodeler to handle the project is also recommended, as a remodeling project can be messy especially for an inexperienced person.
When the warmer weather rolls around, many people feel it is time to change up the look and feel of their home. However, complicated projects simply are not going to get done. The following tips won’t take much time or much money, but they can completely transform your space.
1. Sewing new pillow covers can make a huge difference in your living room. However, sewing takes time and may not be that easy, depending on your experience level. Instead, opt for a no-sew technique. Take a piece of fabric and wrap the pillow diagonally, as if you were preparing a gift. Then, put a nice ribbon on it to keep everything together. If you want to try a no-sew technique with a tablecloth, simply get some duct tape. The tape can create a hem in a sheet or old tablecloth, so that they will go on your end tables or other pieces. When you get the table set up the way you want, you can add storage underneath to get rid of some of your clutter.
2. Do you want to quickly transform a room? Paint it! However, if you try and do all four walls, you may find that the project takes too long. Instead, pick one wall and make it your focal wall. It will be finished in one sitting and you will love the results.
3. Flowers are beautiful in any home, especially in the summer. However, changing them out is often a pain and can cost a lot of money. To avoid this, plant some sunflower seeds in your yard! They are easy to grow, they look beautiful and they live a long time once they are cut.
4. Declutter your home. Go through your items and figure out what you really want to keep versus what is expendable. You will be amazed at how different your room looks with less “stuff.” Also, when you have less items in a room, you will not have as many things to dust!
5. Take note of the places in your home where you have glass. Go around and clean all of them; when glass looks its best, it really sparkles, which can improve the atmosphere of any home. For example, target things like your television set, picture frames, and appliances. You will be amazed at the difference that something so simple can make! It also doesn’t cost much money to clean glass.
6. Switch up your current decorations so that you can usher in a new season in the right way. For example, you can change the furniture layout of one of your rooms or swap furniture from one room to another. You can put up a blanket or piece of china on the wall, turning it into a focal point. You can also put away some of the small appliances that you do not use very often to get rid of clutter. In addition, consider painting any wooden furniture that is starting to lose its luster.
Whatever changes you decide to go with, make sure you find a look that you love for the summer. Redecorating does not have to be an expensive, lengthy process. Use these tips and learn to love your home again!
When the warmer weather rolls around, many people feel it is time to change up the look and feel of their home. However, complicated projects simply are not going to… Read more